Praying for each of you as you join me today for a look inside Israel. J of Jerusalem brings us her observations as only she can, a believer who trusts God in the land He promised. God bless you as you read the following and trust in His promises too.
“Shma Yisroel, Adonai Eloheinu, Adonai Ahad!” “Hear o Israel…The Lord our God…The Lord is One!”
I walked outside with Gila, our dog, this morning at 5am and the air pulsed with the sound of the Moslem call to prayer. It is Ramadan; the Moslem month of fasting (from dawn until dusk) prayer, repentance and meditation.
At sunrise, I walked toward the bus for our 6:30 ifi prayer meeting, just as the shofarim (the rams horns) are sounding in synagogues, calling Jews to prayer, reading of scriptures and meditation as we are in the month of Elul, the Jewish month of deep reflection before God and repentance.
I ride the bus with Moslems and Jews as I make my way to prayer meeting, listening…listening to the sounds and wondering as each people, fighting from the womb, seek peace, peace within and peace with God, and some…even peace with each other. Our first topic for prayer today is salvation; first we pray for the Jews. Next we pray for the Moslems.
I leave for work and am on the bus when the 7am news begins. ‘Peace talks are to begin this coming Thursday.’ The US President Obama is determined. Everybody on the bus cringes. Without exception peace talks have produced blood baths here in our streets, not usually, but 100% of the time. Not just for the 16 years that we have been here, but for the 46 years before…and throughout history.
I have not spoken much of the situations here in the middle east for awhile. The emails that I get seem to reflect the fact that most of you receive plenty of reports and commentary from other believers in the region and one more does not add that much to your insight in prayer and understanding, but today I ‘heard’ such a call…a ‘reminder’ if you will…that the current events, the daily events and the spiritual events that take place here are as much intertwined today as they were throughout recorded scripture. And surely that is the point…we are living the continuance of recorded scripture here.
I’ve written twice now about the dream that I had in 1988 concerning Iran. Back then, both the thought that Iran would have world wide influence or that we would be living here were extremely remote.
Shma Yisroel, Adonai Eloheinu, Adonai Ahad!” “Hear o Israel…The Lord our God…The Lord is One!” This is the main foundational prayer in Judaism. HEAR! I listen. Speak, Lord, for Your servant hears. Open my ears, Lord, that I may hear. Open the ears of my heart, Lord, that I might be attentive. Let me hearken: ‘this is the way, walk ye in it.’ I listen to the shofarim and to the chants from the Moslem minaret. Each calling to different, opposing God/gods. A call to battle. A call to preparation. The call gets louder.
The sun has fully risen and the ‘calls’ fade into the din of increasing traffic and the movement of people and goods. That represents well my personal battle…my ears are sharpened to Him in the morning but often seem to grow dull through out the day, worn down by the day’s noise and demands. But the call is surely becoming louder and more urgent. Certainly the days for which He has trained us are approaching rapidly…and are even here.
May we pray, using the ears of our hearts filled with His Spirit in these days ahead. Those of you who have been called to pray for and or stand with Israel, may you each stand the ground He has given you to take, and not be turned aside. I write with deep love for Him and for you. For those of you who use them and don’t get them directly, here are the Friday morning ifi prayer points. Lovingly, your sis
Friday Prayer Points
27 August 2010
1. We used selected verses from this Shabbat’s prophetic reading (Isaiah 60:1-22), as an encouragement to praise our God. Please note that this chapter specifically speaks to Israel as she is in the process of being restored from the nations and then saved.
· Arise, shine; for your light is come, and the glory of LORD [YHWH] is risen upon you. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but LORD shall arise upon you, and His glory shall be seen upon you. And the Gentiles/nations shall come to your light… Lift up your eyes round about, and see…Your sons shall come from far, and your daughters shall be nursed at your side. Then you shall see, and… your heart shall fear… [because] the forces [or "wealth"] of the Gentiles shall come unto you… they shall bring gold and incense; and they shall show forth the praises of LORD.
Therefore, these gentiles must be Christians – because only they would show forth the praises of LORD.
· For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish. Yes, those nations shall be utterly wasted.
· Violence shall be heard no more in your land, nor destruction within your borders; but you shall call your walls Salvation, and your gates Praise.
· …LORD shall be your everlasting light, and the days of your mourning shall be ended. Your people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land forever…that I may be glorified. A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I LORD will hasten it in his time.
· How wonderful to have our eyes opened to see so much of this prophecy coming to pass just as You said it would.
· If you are so faithful to Your promises to this people – while they are still in unbelief – how much more will You watch over Your word to those of us who believe.
· Precious Lord, we bless You from Your holy city of Jerusalem.
2. We are in the month of Ellul, the month of repentance according to Judaism. It is a great time to intercede for the salvation of the children of Israel.
· Your people also shall be all righteous…that I may be glorified.
· Abba, we ask for multitudes of Jews to have the veil removed – that they might become righteous in Messiah Yeshua – so that You might be glorified.
· We bless You that you have made Yeshua to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him. (2 Cor. 5:21b)
· Lord, as many Orthodox attend services every morning this month and listen to the sound of the shofar, open their spiritual eyes to see Messiah Yeshua.
· Save all remaining Holocaust survivors. Use believers – especially descendents of those who persecuted them – to provoke them to jealousy (Isaiah 60:14).
· Yeshua, meet with many of Israel’s soldiers as they guard this nation.
· Touch the youth of this nation. Pluck out a significant remnant for Your holy name’s sake.
· And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, says LORD. As for Me, this is My covenant with them…My spirit that is upon you, and My words which I have put in your mouth, shall not depart out of your mouth, nor out of the mouth of your seed, nor out of the mouth of your seed’s seed, says LORD, from now and forever.
Redeem the unsaved loved ones of Messianic Jews.
3. As this is also the Islamic month of Ramadan, we prayed for Moslem salvations.
· We ask for a harvest of Israeli Arab Moslems.
· Send workers into the Moslem harvest fields.
The harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborers are few. Pray therefore to the Lord of the harvest, that He will send forth laborers into His harvest.
· Thank You for the work You are doing among many Islamic groups and nations. Increase the ex-Moslem Church exponentially over this Ramadan.
· Save many Palestinians and turn them into on fire Christian Zionists!
· Use Iranian believers to reach out to Iranian Moslems with the good news of Messiah.
· While Moslems are fasting during the days of Ramadan, reveal Yourself.
· Walk among the Moslems who go up to the Temple Mount today and do all of the ritual prayers. Surprise some of them with an experience of Yourself.
· After this I looked, and, behold, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and families, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palms in their hands. They cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God who sits upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
4. On September 2nd direct “peace” talks are suppose to start between Israel and the Palestinian Authority in Washington, DC, under the auspices of the Obama administration. Already there are signs that absolutely nothing will be accomplished – and that is good for both Israel and the nations who are pushing us to divide God’s land.
· For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for My people and for My heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and divided My land.
· Lord, the noose is tightening around the neck of Israel. We are being told that we must – for the sake of “world peace,” – divide our inheritance with a people who refuse to even recognize us as the Jewish State.
LORD, it is nothing with You to help, whether with many, or with them that have no power. Help us, O LORD our God; for we rest on You, and in Your name we go against this multitude. O LORD, You are our God; let not man prevail against You.
2 Chr. 14:11
· If it had not been LORD who was on our side, now may Israel say… when men rose up against us: then they had swallowed us up quick…Then the waters had overwhelmed us… Then the proud waters had gone over our soul. Blessed be LORD, who has not given us as a prey to their teeth. Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped. Our help is in the name of LORD, who made heaven and earth.
· We do thank You that according to King David in this Psalm, You are on Israel’s side – as we say so!
· Break this snare that the nations are setting for Israel’s negotiators – especially our Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu.
· Help Bibi to trust and look to You more than to trust and look to the nations – especially America with its current administration.
· We ask for a strong anointing on Bibi and his negotiating team to not be manipulated or deceived by anything that happens in these talks (Num. 23:23).
· Instead, give Netanyahu supernatural clarity and insight to avoid all of the snares that will be set before him.
· Continue to harden the already hard hearts of the PA leadership. Let Obama and his team see that they are being unreasonable and not willing to compromise one iota.
· Wake up the believers in America to the grave danger their current political leadership is leading them into and encourage them to stand in the gap for their nation and its relationship to Your nation Israel.
I sought for a man…that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before Me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none. Therefore…have consumed them with the fire of My wrath…
· For thus says LORD of hosts; After the glory has He sent Me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that touches you touches the apple of His eye.
5. Israel’s security was the next topic of prayer this morning. First – Iran.
· LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me… they stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
· Abba, You see what is happening in Iran. Arise and defend us from this threat from the Spirit of Persia.
· Shake Iran spiritually by continuing to save multitudes.
And I will set My throne in Elam [ancient Persia] …
· Shake Iran politically and divide their current leadership.
…and will destroy from [Elam] the king and the princes, says LORD.
· Shake Iran physically and send stronger earthquakes – especially in the areas where they have built their centrifuges and at Bushehr, where their first nuclear plant is being filled.
· Anoint Israel’s spies inside Iran to obtain accurate and up-to-date intelligence information.
· Lord, show us how to pray into the current Middle East situation where now almost every nation wants to have nuclear energy – Egypt, Jordan even Lebanon and others.
6. Next, we prayed into the security situation in the North with Hizbullah and its hold on Lebanon. If Hizbullah is revealed as the organization that assassinated former Lebanese PM Rafik Hariri, there will be chaos and bloodshed as they will try to divert attention away from themselves – and focus either on Israel or internally against others in Lebanon.
· Have mercy on Lebanon and remove from them their Islamic overlords.
· Cause the truth to come to light from the UN tribunal investigating the assassination.
· Remember the prayers of multitudes of Your people for Israel’s safety from a threat from this direction.
Let the priests, ministers of LORD, weep between the porch and the altar, and let them say, Spare Your people, O LORD, and give not Your heritage to reproach, that the nations should rule over them. Why should they say among the people, Where is their God? Then will LORD be jealous for His land, and pity His people… I will remove far off from you the northern army, and will drive him into a land barren and desolate…
· Throw Israel’s enemies into confusion – whether Hamas in the south, or Hizbullah in the north, or Syria and Iran.
Destroy, O Lord, and divide their tongues: for I have seen violence and strife in the city.
Let them all be confounded and turned back that hate Zion.
· Do not allow the confusion of the IDF’s current Chief of Staff being on his way out and the next CoS already being named cause confusion in the ranks of Israel’s army.
· Help Gabi Ashkenazi [current CoS] and Yoav Galant [next CoS] work well together and to have a smooth transition.
· With the IDF seemingly having two heads for the next several months, do not allow them to be double-minded!
· Keep all of our soldiers alert and able to discern any potential and real threats – to either themselves or this nation.
We finished by praying for aliyah - the immigration of the Jews in exile back to the land of their forefathers – the land which God has promised to them over 200 times in Scriptures. We are seeing an incredible miracle as the living God fulfills His word – which He spoke into existence over 2500 years ago.
Moreover the word of LORD came unto me, saying,
Jeremiah, what do you see?
I said, I see a rod of an almond tree.
Then said LORD unto me, You have well seen:
for I will watch over My word to perform it.
Shabbat shalom and blessings from Zion,
The IFI team